Monday, January 24, 2011

Ponytail Roller Set

Saturday was my wash day. As you all can tell I'm trying different ways of setting my hair after washing it, that way I do not use heat on my hair. Well I decided to do a ponytail roller set. The results came out very nice so I think this will be a weekly thing. I hope that the results are still nice once I get to an inch of new-growth. Right now I have about half an inch, so my hair is on schedule.

Below you will find pictures of my hair and explanations.

Image 1: I sectioned off a one inch row and clipped the rest of the hair up. I sectioned each row into more sections and used rubber bands to make mini ponytails. I used and rat-tail comb to smoothed down the new-growth and detangle the relaxed ends. In total I had about 14 ponytails and rollers in my hair.
Image 2: I let my hair air dry for most of the time. Towards the end I went under my hooded dryer for a few minutes. This is what my hair looked like once I took the rollers out but the mini ponies were still in.
Image 3: That how my hair looked like once I used my shower comb to loosen the curls. I pinned the side up just to see if there was any diversity with the curls. What do you ladies think? Should I wear my hair this way one day. Of course I would straighten out the crinkles from the ponytails though.
Image 4: This was the final result the next day from wrapping my hair up the night before. I used my curling iron to remove the crinkles from the visable parts of my hair and then curled my bangs just a little.

Ponytail Roller Set, Roller Set

All in all I really think this was a success. I did try this once before and didn't like how it came out so I decided to try smaller ponytails and it worked like a charm. I really like the results. Looks just like it would if I used my curling iron all through my hair but this way is way more healthier for my hair. After a month of doing this I will give an update on how my hair looks and if it seems to have gotten thicker or is breaking less.

I did find this method to be less harmful than doing a wet wrap. I had so much less breakage and much better results.

Good Night Ladies and Peace and Blessings to you and your loved ones!!!! =D

.+'PeaceLoveHarmony'+.

2 comments:

  1. Your welcomed Pearl.

    Sorry that it took so long to respond. I couldn't figure out why blogger wasn't allowing me to post a comment back.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful to everyone.

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.