Sunday, December 12, 2010

Starting Over

Hey beauties!

It has been over a year since I last posted. I know that is really bad, but I have checked up on the blog to see if I got any new comments. And I have gotten a few but they all had to do with the Diva Smooth post I did earlier. I still haven't tried it, and like I said I probably won't until I find more reviews on it. I personally feel like it is very expensive, but then again I'm not natural and I'm living on a college student budget so I can't afford to buy products like that. Diva Smooth probably isn't the product for me, at least for right now.

As of what has been happening with my hair for the past year.... It's grown.... Not to the extent that I would have liked it to grow but it has. I'm past shoulder length. I think I need 3 more inches to reach Armpit Length. I then probably need another 2 inches or so to reach Bra Strap Length. I've seen so many ladies reach their hair goals within a year time span and I have yet to do that. I might not have been motivated enough to do it or maybe I just wasn't careful enough. I've recently noticed that many of my products have protein in them. I could have had a protein overload for the past few months and not even known it.

My hair has been breaking and shedding and I had no idea what to do. It could have been due to my long stretches or because I didn't have enough moisture. Whatever it is I'm going to fix it now.

I am starting my Healthy Hair Journey all over.

I am making a commitment to myself to do more research and to post more about my hair. I tend to forget what my regimen was when I wear braids or a sew-in for a long period of time. If I start fresh then I can come up with an entirely new reggie and have it documented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What Did I Do with my hair this weekend:
  • Prepoo'd with Profective Mega Growth Lotion and Africa's Best Oil for about 5 hours (no heat)
  • Washed with Organix Revitalizing Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo
  • Protein Deep Condish with Silicone Mix for about 4 hours (no heat)
  • Moisture Deep Condish with Organix Pomegranate Green Tea Conditioner for about 4 hours (no heat) [DON'T DO THIS: I'll write about my experience soon]
  • Air dried for the rest of the night
Because I was cleaning my apartment while air drying my hair I forgot to wrap it up [shame on me]. For church today I just put my hair in a bun and curled my bangs [yes in my relaxer regimen I said no heat but i have to have bangs and I cut them frequently so I feel like I can use heat on them more often than the rest of my hair]. Right now I am going to go eat and then moisturize and seal my hair and scalp because they are so dry.


This is a picture of what my hair looks like now. It looks like I need a lot more than 3 inches to reach APL but I had a lot of shrinkage because I just took it out of a bun when I took this picture and I have a lot of new growth. You'll be able to see the true length when I get my relaxer in the up coming week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful to everyone.

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.