Friday, October 19, 2012

HUGE CHOP!!!

Hello lovely readers!

It's been a while since I've written to you all so here is a little update:
My hair has been a bit of a hassle these past few months so I made a BIG change, which will be the focus of this post. I also bought my first virgin Indian hair, but I'm not sure how "virgin" it is so I think it is actually consider 100% Remy Indian Hair. I'll post you guys up on that at a later time.

The BIG Change
...... Well last night I cut off all my hair! I still can't believe that I did it and I don't know how to feel about it. I can no longer get my hair into a pony tail and I'm not much for wearing a fro 24/7.  This is something I'm going to have to get used to.

Oh don't think that I am natural. I am still texlaxed but my hair is still very curlie/textured. After chopping of my bone straight ends I feel like my texlaxed hair is a bit bushy so I need to figure out ways to deal with and style my hair until it gets to a length that I am comfortable with.


Why????
Some of you may be wondering why I decided to chop off so much hair. Well if any of you can remember, last year my hair all of a sudded got really thin in the back and I've been trying to recover from that. I think the two biggest contributors to the thinning where stress from school and poor nutrition.

As my hair grew and I continued to texlax (for almost a year) my relaxed ends kept breaking and you couldn't see any progress in length. I was not satisfied with the way my hair looked. I hated that every time I did my hair after washing it I would have piles and piles of bone straight ends all over the bathroom floor as well as in the shower.

My hair was not in a healthy state so I had to make a decision. Since the beginning of my hair journey I said that I value health over length and last night I had to prove to myself and everyone else that I really meant that. I was disappointed as I was cutting my hair off, but I knew it needed to be done which pushed me all the more.


Now what?
I'm actually not too sure. I'll just continue texlaxing my hair. I might have to come up with a different technique because the front of my hair is straighter than the back. I might try doing my texlaxes in parts and see how that works out. I have no idea how to style my hair so I most likely will be wearing the wig I made.

I am now on a new hair journey which will have its own new challenges. There will be many ups and downs but I'm excited. I will keep you all updated on the condition and health of my hair.



[NOTE: I will be adding pictures of my hair at a later time when I finish editing them]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful to everyone.

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.