Monday, May 14, 2012

Hair Update- May 2012

Hello my Beauties!

My hair is nowhere near where I thought it would be. I should have already passed APL but I feel like my hair growth is in a stunt or something. Yes it's growing but I don't see much added length. One reason might be that I'm transitioning to texlaxed hair. I have about 3 inches of curlies and ohhh how they LOVE to shrink!!

I started texlaxing my hair when I had my first relaxer of 2012 (Refer to my Relaxer Timeline to see when I got my relaxers done and how much time was between each). I am currently using Silk Elements Mild Relaxer. So far I really do like how my hair is turning out. I have EXTREME thickness at my roots, and since I have densely packed hair strands my hair feels like its even thicker than most. So many people keep asking me if I'm going natural and its been getting a tad bit annoying. Mainly because they don't understand the different concepts of taking care of hair so if I tell them no I'm still relaxed they look at me like I'm crazy because I'm purposely making my hair look this way. Either way, I STILL LOVE IT!

I can't wait until I'm able to cut off my straighter ends and have a whole head of texlax curlies and waves. By then my diet should be back to normal so the thinned out area in the back will be filled up. I really believe that the thinning is caused to stress and not eating well (the life of a Biology Major) so I'm trying really hard to remedy that and get back to taking my vitamins.

~* Be Loved with Happy Hair! *~


PS: My camera has been acting up lately so I won't be able to post any really good pictures of my hair. I can try using my cellphone so you have an idea of different hairstyles and my length but they won't be great. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful to everyone.

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.