Sunday, May 8, 2011

2011 Relaxer Update 1

I had my first relaxer of 2011 yesturday. I think it went well. My hair feels a bit rough but that could just be my natural hair texture.

Keep reading to find out what I did to my hair, changes I plan to implament next relaxer and for the results.

Pre-relaxer Regimen
→ Removes yarn twist, detangle, and put hair up into 5 ponytails
→ Wash hair in the pony tails
 ¤ Steps
  1.  Apply V05 Moisture Milks conditioner and detangle with shower comb
  2. Clarify with Softsheen Carson Bantu Neutralizing and Conditioning Shampoo
  3. Wash with Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo
  4. Condition with V05 Moisture Milks
  5. Protein Treatment: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla
  6. Moisturizing Treatment: Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner
  7. Cold/Cool Final Rinse
  8. Air Dry in ponytails with ends twisted
  9. Apply Sta-Sof-Fro moisturizing spray to new growth and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner to relaxed ends when almost dry
→ Moisturize: Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion
→ Seal: Hair Plus Natural Product Oil
→ Everyday until the relaxer spray new growth with Sta-Sof-Fro and them moisturize and seal
→ Hair remained in the ponytails and if I had to leave the house then I just put on a wig that I made for my mom

Relaxer Regimen
→ Relaxer: Dr. Miracle's Normal No-Lye Relaxer
→ Apply Castor Oil to relaxed ends
→ Relaxed hair for no longer than 25 minutes
→ Neutralize (with both the shampoo that came in the box and Bantu Neutralizing and Conditioning Shampoo)
→ Shampoo, Condition, Protein Treatment, Moisturizing Treatment
→ Apply dime size of V05 Moisture Milks Conditioner then twice as much Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
→ Apply Hair Potion that came along with the relaxer
→ Blow Dry
→ Use straightener to straighten hair
→ Use curling iron to bump hair
→ Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner to any flyaway hair

Clarity
→ I am using V05 as my conditioner because when I went to walmart I couldn't find the corresponding Cantu Shea Butter Conditioner
→ I am using all this heat because I was home at the time and I don't have my hood dryer because I am visiting my family for 2 weeks because of summer break

Changes
  1. Do a Protein Treatment either before or after the relaxer because I feel like I have a protein overload. My hair is just snapping -- it's always done that but I hate it.
  2. Finding more conditioning agents to apply to my hair so it won't have the dry feeling
  3. Possibly buy a serum or polisher to close my cuticles so my hair won't soak up all the water vapor in he air and frizz up
Comparison Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful to everyone.

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.