Saturday, January 24, 2009

Diva Smooth Ingredients

Hey bloggers!!!!
Okay, i was surfing the web and came across this website that sells an alternative to chemically straightening your hair. Well I thought it was to good to be true so I looked around a little and found a forum that had a thread about it. Well the girls were saying how if the site won't give the list of ingredients then it is not a good product. Well I found a list on the site, but it's really just a list of natural ingredients. I haven't found anything about what is put into the product that makes the hair straighter. I'm still a little skeptical about Diva Smooth because of that, so that is why I don't think I want to buy; at least not until I can find a few people who have used this kit and had GREAT results with it because I do not want my hair to start falling out or anything. So instead I think I will buy a few of the ingredients and mix them up myself. I'll probably use the mix as a pre-poo or combine them with my conditioners and use it as a deep conditioning treatment. I know it won't make my hair straight, and that's not my intention, but it will benefit my hair in some type of way because all the ingredients are natural.

So here is the exact list of ingredients found on the site including the pictures.

Aloe Vera - Organic - Used medicinally for over 3,000 years. A rich emollient known to promote healing

Grapeseed Oil- Organic - Grapeseed oil is rich in flavonoids, phytochemicals that have antioxidant properties some consider even greater than vitamin C and vitamin E.

Glycerin Extract
- Glycerin is a humectant, drawing moisture to hair, allowing it to remain hydrated and soft.

Honey - Adds shine and moisture to hair and helps prevent breakage.

Olive oil - Organic - Obtained from ripe olives grown around the Mediterranean. Contains protein, minerals and vitamins.

Palm Oil - Organic - Palm oil gives hair its natural strength and radiance.

Jojoba Oil - Organic - The molecular structure of jojoba is very similar to the natural oil that is produced by the sebaceous glands in the scalp known as sebum. It is a well-known fact that sebum is required in maintaining healthy supple hair. Hair that has a good moisture basis tends to be more resistant to daily damage, tangles, dryness and split ends. Jojoba oil comes from the jojoba plant.

Lemon Juice - Antibacterial, astringent, promotes new cell generation, regulates sebum production.

Lemon Extract
- Antibacterial, astringent, promotes new cell generation, regulates sebum production.

Molasses
- Helps restore damaged hair.

Propreitary
blend of essential oils
- trade secret blend of essential oils.

Peppermint Essential Oil Blend - Great for stimulating the scalp.

Rose Petals extract - promotes regeneration of skin cells. Pure, fresh scent (no synthetic fragrances)

Rosemary Extract - A very effective natural preservative that is high in antioxidants

Shea Butter - Used in Africa for centuries, this nutrient rich butter is high in fatty acids. It contains unique properties that aid in the relief of dry scalp and in restoring luster to hair.

Sucrose - Sugar extracted from sugar cane and sugar beets.

Tea Tree Essential Oil - Grown in the islands of the south Pacific and Australia, Tea Tee Oil helps unblock clogged hair follicles and moisturize the hair.

Vegetable Gum Virgin Coconut Oil - Organic - Reduces the protein loss for both undamaged and damaged hair. Coconut oil, being a triglyceride of lauric acid (principal fatty acid), has a high affinity for hair proteins and, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain, is able to penetrate inside the hair shaft.

Vitamin E improves circulation to the scalp. It improves health and growth of hair.

Vinegar - Lauded as a beauty powerhouse. It is derived from apple cider and has traditionally been used to make hair silky and lustrous.

Zea Mays Starch - aka Cornstarch - helps lift dirt, excessive oil and grease from hair. Helps maintain oil balance.


***If any of you have used Diva Smooth or decide to use this ingredients to make your own conditioner please leave a comment on how it helped and how you mixed the ingredients, because we all can learn from each other. And don't forget the measurements. =D Thanks!!!***

Here are the links:
1. The forum: http://longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323919
2. Diva Smooth Website: http://www.janellebeauty.com/shop/shopcontent.asp?type=diva2

16 comments:

  1. Hey! I found ur blog unexpectantly. I was googling Janelle Beauty products looking for some creditability...tryin to see if anyone had heard of it and used. No luck so far, but how is ur hair journey going?
    Do those ingredients work...and if so how did u prpare them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniella: I didn't even know I could be found on google. That is so cool!!!!
    My hair journey is going really well. I haven't had time to update the blog because of skool and everything, but ill try really soon. My hair actually grew like an inch and a half to two inches since november but because i stretched my relaxer for 4 months (the last 2 having braids in) my hair broke alot and i had a bunch of shedding. I still kinda have some shedding but its much less now. And my hair smells so good because of this protein conditioner I used. But NEways I'll put a real update on my hair soon.
    Back to Janelle--> I havn't tried any of the ingredients because I am a poor college student but the moment i enough money to buy all the ingredients and mix them up ill post up how i did it.
    Well good luck on your quest!!! And don't forget to visit soon!!!
    ~~PèÂçĚ, ŁoVë, and HãŘmØňÝ~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniella,

    I am in transition as well...I am anxious to know have you tried the concoction yet?
    PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE let me know!!!

    Thanks
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used this product a month or so ago. I posted a response to it here: http://jbh0125.blogspot.com/2009/04/product-review-diva-smooth-from-janelle.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    My Mom is a dominican hair dresser (now retired) and she makes her own conditioner too. She brings me bottles from the DR (I live in ATL). She usually experiments with different ingredients, but the base is always the same:

    -A dry coconut
    -An Aloe Vera leave
    -Two small carrots
    -Almond oil (3 oz)
    -Jojoba Oil (3 oz)

    To prepare, crack the dry coconut and separate the white part from the shell. Cut up into chunks.
    Then, Take out the gel and sap of the Aloe Vera leave. Cut the carrots into chunks. Put everything in a blender and process until is smooth. You can prepoo your hair with this. I promise it will be shiny and smooth. You can also experiment with different oils, or even add an egg (but only to the portion you're going to use right away) for an extra protein punch. The good thing is that everything is cheap so you can actually afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dayana: Thanks so much. I will def try this out. But at the moment I'm in braids so I can't try now. I really want to try wearing braids all year and see how much my hair grows from that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just reviewed this product in my blaque beauty blog. In short, I love it except the price! If I could find an equivalent alternative, this product is a big must for me now. It will make my hair care life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also stumbled on this site from google. I agree with Dayana about the ingredients and all.I think that she ripped the product from the Dominican's. The D.R. (from what Iam told) is really humid, so products have to withstand the humidity( If you read on her site, you will find people commenting on how it stood up to humidity). Im just goona buy the Dominican Products. Same thing but waaaaay cheaper. Most are less than $10.00.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cut all my relaxed hair off in 06/09, my hair was a inch long. i then put mircos in and kepted my hair braided. so now my hair is about 5 inches and nappy lol. I applied Diva Smooth to my hair yeterday, and yes it worked for me. I'm in love with this product.of course my hair is not bone striaght but it looks like it was pressed instead of relaxed.it's very soft too.The directions says use the whole bottle, but i only used about 1/3 of the bottle maybe someone with long hair would have to but my hair is only 5 inches, so i guess it's depends on how thick and long your hair is. but the price is defintly wroth it. I do recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been hearing alot about Dive Smooth as well. I saw a young women on you tube showing how it works. It seems like a wonderful product, but the cost is a little high for me. I have also come across another product called Carmelux by E'TAE. It is suppose to be just as good as Dive Smooth, its cost is also high. I have not used either of these products myself, but I did find a home made recipe which worked well for me. It is called the carmel treatment, I got the recipe off of you tube. These are the ingredients if you would like to try it. 6 Tbsp RAW HONEY, 6 Tbsp OLIVE OIL, 3 Tbsp BLACK STRAP MOLASSES, 1 Tbsp APPLE CIDER VINGER, 1 TO 2 ripe BANANA's or I use 1 to 2 jars of BANANA BABY food, 1 or 2 Tbsp CORN STARCK AND 6 Tbsp of WATER. Heat on the stove until it gels. You can make it as thick or as loose as you like. This is just something I do twice a month, maybe it will work for you. Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used the Diva Smooth on my 11 yr. old daughter's new growth & previously relaxed hair 2 days ago. She has very course, slow growing, easily damaged, fine hair. The results were beautiful bouncy fuller looking hair. I wasn't crazy about the shampoo & conditioner & opted to use beauty 4 ashes godhead silky shampoo & conditioner. It is an all natural product as well. The roots did not wash out straighter but i did find them to be more manageable than if i didn't use the Diva Smooth. The virgin coconut serum was amazing. The only downfall is her edges remained course and I had to use a straightening comb on them. Overall I did like the product & will use it to extend relaxing sessions to every 12 weeks (hopefully). This is definitely worth trying again. The company claims the product works even better after continued use and can be used as often as you like. It's quite messy but for stronger, less stressed hair, I'll deal with it. The mess ain't nothing a little soap and water can't handle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hsve bee using the divasmooth serum since 12/31/09 I reapply it every five weeks. My hair has grown longer it is manaeageable softer and has so much body. The only down side is that if it rains or the humidty gets you, it goes back to your hair's natural state. I love it I am in transition from relaxed hair since October 09. I will continue it to I am completely natural.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you buy this stuff?? Diva Smooth that is. I am not about to start mixing this raw ingredients up in no bowl and put it in my hair. No way. I need Diva Smooth like today. Sounds good to me. No more perms for me. Just a rinse to get the gray out. Let me know where to buy it; thelru2004@yahoo.com
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used Diva Smooth a few months ago and loved it! My hair is very thick and coarse and I wanted to grow out my relaxer. The thing i didn't like was that it took a long time to arrive (2 wks). I was so happy when it finally arrived. It is a little messy but my hair was very soft after I blow dried and flat ironed it. I love the Tea Tree shampoo but the bottle that came with the kit was very small. I haven't ordered any more because I have found that if I was my hair with Wen shampoo or a natural shampoo and put a olive oil mask on for an hour, then use the serum from the kit; I get the same results. My co-workers always comment on how beautiful and healthy my hair is since doing the Diva smooth. I have braids at the moment, due to surgery but I will be ordering the Diva Smooth again to use after I take them out. As for those that are scared after the Rio disasters, I understand but this is all natural and it is NOT chemically altering your hair. It is basically a deep, deep conditioner that makes the hair softer. The heat of the blow dryer and flat iron is what is 'straightening' your hair. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was skeptical about this product. The reason being, is I used the rio in the 90's and it took all my hair out. I said I would never order another product for my hair. I have been natural for about two years now. I have been wearing braids and sew ins. Now, I want to wear my hair without the chemicals. I think I will give it a try. Still doing research on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can anyone give me and update on using diva smooth? I a

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful to everyone.

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.